Friday, April 12, 2013

Week 15 of 52



“Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.” (Matthew 22:37-40)



All that we do is rooted in one thing: who we love the most. That seems an incorrect statement until we dig deeper to discover the roots. Why do we snap at people? Because we love ourselves better than others. Why do we neglect God’s Word? Because we love ourselves better than God. If we stop to consider why we do or do not do certain things, we will find that it boils down to who we love.



~*~*~

Have you memorized a verse this week? What is it? Has God used it in your life in a special way?

4 comments:

Kelly-Anne said...

I love this piece of scripture... I haven't posted any verses on my blog in a while...I am however hoping to get back on track again soon! I can feel when I'm not spending enough time dwelling on God's Word! Many blessings, Kelly-Anne

Rubies Like Ruth said...

@Kelly

Good to hear from you again! I totally agree: time spent away from God's Word does affect me greatly! I feel so refreshed when I have a day when I am able to dive into God's Word!!!!

~Ana Renee
www.rubieslikeruth.blogspot.com
www.52weeks52verses.blogspot.com

Amy said...

To this you were called because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an excample, that you should follow in his steps.
1 Peter 2:21

Rubies Like Ruth said...

@Amy

What an example for us to follow!!!! I am so thankful for God's Word that shows us the way and encourages us to stay faithful in Christ!

~Ana Renee
www.52weeks52verses.blogspot.com