Thursday, April 4, 2013

Week 14 of 52



For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. (Romans 14:17)

This verse comes in the same passage that says, “But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.” (Romans 14:10) So often, we get distracted by arguing different points and convictions. But according to God, our focus should not be on the outward things, but on the inward: righteousness, peace, and joy. When we focus on that which really matters, we find that many “discussions” are simply “foolish and unlearned questions” (2 Timothy 2:23)

~~~
Have you memorized a verse this week?


2 comments:

Amy said...

"I leave you peace; my peace I give you. I do not give it to you as the world does. So don't let your hearts be troubled or afraid. You heard me say to you 'I am going, but I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you should be happy that I am going back to the Father, because he is greater than I am."
John 14:27-28

Rubies Like Ruth said...

@Amy

What a precious promise to cling to! Thanks for sharing.

~Ana Renee
www.rubieslikeruth.blogspot.com
www.52weeks52verses.blogspot.com