Monday, June 25, 2012

--26 of 52--

Guess what? We are half-way there!! Keep pressing on!!!!

 
 

For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:8-9)
~~~

Take the time and consider the following questions for your verse:
     ~What does this verse say about God?
     ~What does this verse say about me?
     ~What is a lesson that I can learn from this verse?
If you would like, choose one (or more!) of the questions and share your answer with us, or simply share whatever God lays on your heart.

Here are my questions:
What does this verse say about God/man?
When I actually stop to consider the difference between God and man, it is incomparable!! Another verse that explains this is 1 Corinthians 1:25: "Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men." No matter how "wise" our thoughts are, they are still foolish in God's eyes. No matter how "right" our ways are, they are still lower than God's ways.

What lesson can I learn?
If God's ways are SO much higher than mine, and His thoughts SO far above mine, how can I know His thoughts?? Praise the Lord for His Word!!!! By reading His Word I will know His thoughts, by studying His Word, I will know His ways! What a blessing that is!!




2 comments:

Amanda Tero said...

Last week plus this week, I finished memorizing Psalm 4.

A few thoughts I've had about these verses:
~It is the Lord that puts true gladness in my heart. Rejoicing over something like the produce from a garden is temporal. The gladness Christ gives is Eternal!
~Safety is from the Lord - not man, government, guns, locked doors, etc. All of those will fail, but Jesus Christ never fails! There is security in His protection!!!

Posted about it here: http://withajoyfulnoise.blogspot.com/2012/06/verses-2526-of-52.html

~Amanda
www.withajoyfulnoise.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

It was really neat to see how the Lord brought my 26th verse to me. A dear friend of mine shared it in a recent letter, and the Lord really used it to speak to me, so I knew that I must memorize it. "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." -Romans 12:2
This is such a great challenge for me to work on every day. Do not be conformed to the world, but renewed by God.