Monday, June 18, 2012

--25 of 52--

 
 

"Let the wicked forsake his ways and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and He will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon."
Isaiah 55:7

Questions for your memory verse this week:
1) What is one aspect of God that is brought out to you by your memory verse?
The two specific characteristics of God mentioned here is His mercy and forgiveness. Where would I be without His abundant mercy and never-ending forgiveness?

2) What is one thought that specifically applies to you?
According to my verse, there is action that must take place. The wicked must forsake his ways and the unrighteous must forsake his thoughts. God's mercy and forgiveness doesn't come to me simply because I say, "I'm sorry," but if I turn around and forsake my former behavior!!

How has your verse ministered to you this week?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This week I am memorizing:
"Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."
-Psalm 55:22

1) What is one aspect of God that is brought out to you by your memory verse? We can always cast our burdens upon Him, and He will sustain us.

2) What is one thought that specifically applies to you? He will sustain me; there is not any load that the Lord Jesus cannot bear. I need not bear my burdens alone, for they are too heavy for me to carry, but not too heavy for Him.

I think that the questions are a great idea to get us to think more about our verse! :)