Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Week 4 of 52!

 
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.
Proverbs 12:15
All throughout our life, we will face situations that test which way we will take. Will we be like the fool and go our own way? Or will we seek and follow counsel?
As I pondered the last part of this verse, I began to think of those from whom we are to get counsel. Pastors, parents, and older men and women immediately came to my mind. But, the Lord brought another counselor to my mind: His Word. Psalm 119:24 says, “Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors.” How often do I seek God’s Word for counsel? And how often do I hearken to that counsel?
May it always be my goal to lean not on my understanding, but go to God for His wise counsel and guidance.
~~~
What verse did you memorize this week?
Did the Lord bring another verse to your mind which parallels your memory verse?
 
This is the last verse for January! Congratulations for those of you who have faithfully memorized the first four verses in our challenge! If you have a moment, why don't you consider stopping by and updating us with your memory verses for January?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for doing this again! I kind of faded out last year, but I want to try again this year! So far I've got four down:

1. "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exaltheth itself against the knowlege of God; and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5

2-3. "The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know Thy name will trust in Thee, for Thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek Thee." Psalm 9:9-10

4. "Cause me to hear Thy lovingkindess in the morning, for in Thee do I trust. Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk, for I lift up my soul unto Thee." Psalm 143:8

Lately I've been memorizing verses that give me comfort- letting me know that I'm not alone and God is always right there with me. I like #4 because I've been trying to figure out whether or not to go through PSEO this year or just stay home and do school. It really depends on my career choice. :)

God bless you guys.
Tirzah

Rubies Like Ruth said...

@Tirzah

I enjoyed reading through your verses! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and share them with us! I do pray that the Lord will help you to be more faithful in your memory of His Word this year!

I love all the words of comfort that God has for us in His Word!!!!! And what better way to have them ever-present with us than to hide them in our heart?

Keep trusting in God and serving Him!

~Ana Renee
www.rubieslikeruth.blogspot.com
www.52weeks52verses.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Week one:
"For I know the plans I have for you." Declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Week two:
The Lord takes care of his people like a shepard. He gathers them and carries them like lambs in his arms. He carries them close to him. He gently leads the mothers of the lambs.
Isaiah 40:11

Week three:
Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9

Week four:
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into a fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be given to you.
John 15:5-7

Week four is my favorite verse! :-)I like it because it's very specific, and conforting... sorta. :-)

Rubies Like Ruth said...

@Amy

Thank you very much for sharing your verses with us this month! I greatly enjoyed reading through all of them. You chose some very comforting verses.

It is comforting to know that God can still work in our hearts when He brings us across a confronting verse!

~Ana Renee
www.rubieslikeruth.blogspot.com
www.52weeks52verses.blogspot.com

Kelly-Anne said...

I have chosen Acts 16:31 to my verse for week four..

“Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.” Acts 16:31

Lots of love,
Kelly
xx

Rubies Like Ruth said...

@Kelly

Thank you for sharing your verse with us! What a wonderful verse!!!! Amen!

~Ana Renee
www.rubieslikeruth.blogspot.com
www.52weeks52verses.blogspot.com