Thursday, September 13, 2012

--37 of 52--

 
 

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. Matthew 23:23

This verse has come often to my mind. I might be wearing dresses, talking "right," and tithing, but I might be neglecting to show Christ's love, to care for those who are not "just like me" and to pray for others' salvation. In my Christian walk, what am I doing and what am I leaving undone? 

~~~
What is your verse this week?
How has it spoken to you?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am a little behind in posting, so verses 36 and 37 are together. :) I memorized Philippians 4:8 and Romans 12:4-6.

Posted about it here: http://withajoyfulnoise.blogspot.com/2012/09/verses-3637-of-52.html

~Amanda
www.withajoyfulnoise.blogspot.com

Sierra said...

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17

Sorry for being late! I posted it here:http://scomealive.blogspot.com/2012/09/week-37.html
Sierra
Keep growing beautiful!