Monday, August 27, 2012

--35 of 52--

 
 

Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God.
And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them: I am the LORD which sanctify you.
Leviticus 20:7-8
Questions for the week:
     What does this verse say about you?
     What does this verse say about God?
     What can I learn from this verse?
Comment and answer one or more of these questions!

My answers:
    As a child of God, I have a responsibility to live my life uprightly, clean, holy, and obedient - in other words, to strive to be more and more like Christ. It is a daily choice that I must make. The end of this verse brings comfort: I can trust in God to work in my heart as I strive to live for Him.


1 comment:

Amanda Tero said...

This week, I memorized a verse that tags onto two verses already memorized: 1 John 2:17. I found it a good reminder to consider what I am doing - what I am holding on to.

"And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever." 1 John 2:17

~Amanda
www.withajoyfulnoise.blogspot.com