Monday, May 7, 2012

--19 of 52--



 

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
Romans 13:11

Though this is the verse I am learning the week, the following verses also spoke to me as well (I might put them on my "list to memorize).
Romans 13:12-14: 

The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.






~~~
What is your nineteenth verse?
It is a good idea to review all of your verses at least twice a week if possible. Also work on polishing up any verses that you have slightly forgotten.

4 comments:

blog said...

My verses for this week are James 1:2-4... I'm looking forward to learning them! :)

Unknown said...

Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take away thy crown.

The impression I most feel in this verse is the sense of urgency--the shortness of the time, the need to be vigilant. It is interesting to me how many times the Lord urges us to persevere, hold fast, and stand firm. I am determined to be one of those who holds on to my crown, who is ready when He comes!

Unknown said...

This weeks verse is..."But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." ~1 Corinthians 9:27.
After this week, I will have finished up these four verses!
I believe that this verse is speaking about keeping our bodies under subjection, so that we tell others the Gospel, we will maintain our testimony. Also, we will reveal that we have Jesus in us, and not be hindered by the things of this world.

Amanda Tero said...

This week, I began memorizing Psalm 4. Posted my verse here: http://withajoyfulnoise.blogspot.com/2012/05/verse-19-of-52.html

~Amanda
www.withajoyfulnoise.blogspot.com